It 'located on the slopes of Mount Capanne in the west of the Elbe 375 meters s.l.m., is among the oldest settlements on the island, its foundation dates back to 35 B.C. ..
A witness to the ancient past, in Marciana, the Archaeological Museum. The lush vegetation, consisting of oaks, pines and chestnut trees, and the cool weather damage to land a mountain atmosphere although the sea is only 5 km
There are excursions to Mount Capanne on foot or by cable car which is just outside the town. Just 3 kilometers from Marciana is Poggio Terme where there is a source of oligo-mineral water with healing properties. The whole area is full of vineyards which produce excellent wine. of historical and cultural interest are: the Pisan Fortress, the Church of San Lorenzo, the Church of San Cerbone and the Sanctuary of the Madonna del Monte. Administered by the municipality of Marciana are the resorts of Procchio, Chiessi, Sant'Andrea, Patresi and Pomonte.
knoll At 350 meters s.l.m. lies this village which preserved its medieval character, surrounded by forests of oak and chestnut trees. Not far from the town center is the source of mineral water called Napoleon Source because even appreciated by the Emperor during his stay on Elba. This water is very suitable for treating dell'uricemia and stones, and though the official recognition of the healing has taken place in the late 40's they were known for centuries. Today, although there is a factory for bottling, you can still freely take water from a nearby fountain.
archaeological Museum There are many guarded archaeological objects and early history of the island. The museum is open from mid-April to mid-October and are very interesting to see the many discoveries that date back to Etruscan and Roman.
Church of San Cerbone It is located on the road from Poggio it climbs Mount Capanne and was built in honor of the saint who in the sixth century he retired here from Populonia to escape persecution of the Lombards.
Church of San Lorenzo It is located on the old road from Marciana to Marciana Marina. This Romanesque church was destroyed by the Turks in 1554. Today it is a national monument.
The Fortress of Marciana It is located in the upper part of the country and its construction dates back to the Republic of Pisa. It was used by the population as a refuge during pirate raids.
Shrine of Our Lady of Mt. It is located on the northern side of Mount Giove, 627 meters above sea level. place of worship since 1300, was built in 1595 and after various restorations, in 1799 took its present shape.
Monte Capanne This relief, with its 1019 meters high, is the largest island. It is located in the west of the Elbe area and can be reached from the village of Marciana on foot, on marked trails from C.A.I., that gondola, running from mid-April to late October. The veins of Mount Capanne magnificent crystals are extracted from tourmaline and beryl collection.
the Beaches Chiessi (rocks), La Paolina (sand), Patresi (shingle), Pomonte (pebbles and rocks), Procchio (sand), Punta Nera (rock), St. Andrew (sand and rocks) Spartaia (sand).